1.01.2008

New look and new posts!



So it's a new year, and another attempt at livening up the blog a bit. My fiancé surprised me with an incredibly awesome camera for Christmas, so you'll be seeing a bunch more of my amateur wannabe photographer shots on the blog. We hit up the crazy busy Star Wars exhibit at the Museum of Science & Industry, which proved to be a great place to try out the new cam. I'm thinking about getting a membership there just to practice shooting: so many different lighting conditions, as well as so many different scales to play with apertures and shutter speeds, and ISO settings. It's like trying to put together a puzzle almost. you know there's a cool shot there, but you gotta line up all the pieces just right.

Just like drawing, there's so much to learn: I'm forcing myself to only shoot in Manual mode, so there's barely any salvageable shots. Most of them turned out underexposed or blurry, or both. Here's a few of the cool ones that survived the gauntlet. I think I've got some cool Millenium Falcon shots that may have made it fairly streak and blur free. We'll see how they look once I drop 'em into P Shop.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new look, man. Makes me want to get bloggin' again.

Unknown said...

Very good art, congratulations!!!!!!!!

Art of Don Dixon said...

Dig the new look, and the star wars pics are dopetastic! I tried to peep your animation but I was getting some sort of error with the plug end :( anyway good stuff!

Good things in 2008!

D